Embodied Mindfulness Practices 8 week course
Embodied Mindfulness Practices
to calm the nervous system
Experiential CPD Training for Therapists and Coaches
to help ease stress, anxiety, overwhelm and burnout, & boost mood and wellbeing
This 8 week experiential course will introduce gentle mindful movement and other mindfulness skills that can help calm the nervous system, boost vitality and improve focus and wellbeing. It is suitable for therapists and coaches interested in mindfulness skills for their own self-care, and to teach these simple tools to their clients.
These tools can be used in session with your clients for emotion regulation and well-being (with clinical, cub clinical and non-clinical clients). The skills are suitable for a range of presentations, including anxiety and mood disorders, ADHD, PTSD, complex-trauma, addiction and other mental health challenges.
- Use EFT to identify and breakthrough barriers to goals
- shift unhelpful thought patterns
- manage stress, overwhelm and other uncomfortable emotions
- The 3 ways to use EFT tapping
- The EFT tapping protocol
8 week course includes:
- Chair yoga (gentle seated stretching)
- EFT tapping
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Self soothing skills e.g. Hand on heart, Butterfly hug
- Mindfulness skills e.g. breathing techniques, sensory immersion
- Polyvagal & somatic approaches: managing hyperarousal & hypo-arousal
- The Affect Regulation Model
- The Emotion Scale: Creating a Toolbox of Skills
- Simple science and evidence-based rationales to teach your clients
Evidence-based practices informed by Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness-based CBT (MiCBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Mindfulness-Based Self Compassion (MBSC), Emotional Free Technique (EFT), and other mindfulness-based approaches.
This workshop is suitable for therapists, coaches, and other health practitioners. No prior mindfulness experience is necessary.
Weekly 1 hour sessions, live via zoom
Commencing Friday 17th February 2023
For any queries contact us here.
Please note that the final session will run on THURSDAY 6th April (not Friday 7th April due to the Easter public holiday). Recordings are available for those who cannot attend the live sessions.
Disclaimer: This workshop is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute psychological treatment for any mental or medical health condition, and does not promise any outcome. It is recommended you consult with your mental or medical health practitioner prior to participating in this workshop. Participation is at participants own risk. By registering for this workshop you acknowledge that you have not engaged in psychological therapy with Emma Gray, and you acknowledge and accept our terms and conditions.